Sunday, April 24, 2005

My First Time

At this point in my life, I need to reach a bit further outside my universe to get to say something like that!
As a food and wine diva/geek I can find my way around a kitchen or dining room with my eyes closed, so to speak (not recommended due to the high likelihood of running into sharp things, hot things, and fragile - potentially sharp things!)... I now venture into the world of the blogger, website owner, and cyber chef.

Women Who Wine was a group I started with some friends in a tiny town on a huge mountain in a place where wine was/is contraband. This was also a time when women were (surprisingly!) disregarded as "lovers of pink things" in the world of "serious wine".

Fortunately, from where I sit, perched high on a hill looking down on a kingdom built from wine, I see many women trailblazing to new heights and loving it... giving all new meaning to the phrase "Women Who Wine"!

So, as we all must evolve, learn, change, move on, etc...
The original concept of the original tasting group... a safe place for women to discuss a contraband substance in their own words with their own voices will now expand to include all wine-ers! Women, men, divas, home slices, gals, boyz, etc... No pretentious snobs please... this space is about passion, fun, playing with food and wine!

This blog is a place for me to write about the things I love, for public consumption.
I'll share food and wine pairings, menus & recipes, tasting notes, wine country travel tips, restaurant reviews, what I'm doing in my Master of Gastronomy program, contact information for people and companies that I like, and a few unsolicited opinions on things I don't like (all's fair)... I hope you will share the same!

Cheers!
Annette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home